What is IPMI
IPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface) is an interface for remotely monitoring and managing the physical state of a server. IPMI is analogous to the well-known IP-KVM, iLo, iDRAC, IMM.
- remote power on/off and restart of the server;
- monitoring of temperature, voltage and cooling system;
- remote connection to the media server (for example, for installing OS and software);
- account management and user rights (there is support for LDAP and Active Directory);
- access port management and SSL certificate access security;
- setting up notifications about server operation.
You can order dedicated server with IPMI on request here.