VIKHOST Acceptable Usage Policy
You may not publish, store or transmit through VIKHOST services, any content that VIKHOST reasonably believes or can prove:
• Porn and Child Pornography;
• Threatening, Racial, or otherwise Abusive content;
• Fraud, MLM (Multi-Level Marketing), Pyramid schemes, or any other activities deemed to be fraudulent;
• DDoS/Flood attack sending traffic is against policies & law;
• Botnets/Virus/Malware/IRC or IRC Bots;
• Anything than can result in Spamhaus listing;
• Network Abuse / IP Spoofing;
• Terrorist Websites;
• Promotes or encourages the defeat, breach or modification of copyright protection schemes. This includes but is not limited to "cracks" and "warez";
• Breaches or infringes on another person's trademark, patent or property right. This includes the storage and publication of written media, audio works and video of which you do not own copyright;
• Serves as a distribution point or source of information for copyright infringement. This includes, but is not limited to, torrent sites, torrent forums, etc.;
• Material purposefully set out to be malicious, fraudulent, or otherwise any content that may invoke retaliation against VIKHOST by offended parties.
• Material considered unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including but not limited to: chain letters, "pyramid schemes", "ponzi schemes", "matrix schemes", etc.
Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to the client or to VIKHOST.
You may not, under any circumstances, send unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your VIKHOST services.
Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the VIKHOST network, please send your notice of copyright infringement to our Abuse team, using the contact form found on our website. Your notice must include the following, or it shall be ignored:
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit VIKHOST to locate the material;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit VIKHOST to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
• A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owners agent, or the law;
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please be aware that it is illegal to file an invalid or fraudulent DMCA notice.
VIKHOST is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the VIKHOST network. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to our Abuse team, via the contact form on our website.
Proxy Sites or Tunnelling
We do not allow the hosting or operation of proxy sites on our servers. Additionally, we do not allow our shared hosting servers to be used to proxy or tunnel traffic.
All IRC activity is prohibited on our network. This includes, but is not limited to, BNC's, IRC Servers and Eggdrop scripts.
Our discount/coupon codes are intended to be used by new clients as a way to further entice new business. Signing up for a new hosting package in order to utilize a high discount promotion, and then cancelling your existing service is considered abuse of this promotional scheme and may result in the suspension of your account(s) until the full purchase price of the relevant package(s) have been paid.
Your main account password is your responsibility, and you should take reasonable care and precautions to ensure that you are the only individual with access to your VIKHOST services. Do not share this password with anyone. VIKHOST and its employees will never ask you for your main account password(s). VIKHOST will never hand out server login credentials via support ticket or to any other email ID stated in support ticket. Client will get the login credentials only via email and on the email ID listed in his profile page.
Please remember that the staff at this* are, like you, only human. We expect to be treated with the same level of respect as you'd expect us to treat you, so please bear this in mind when communicating with us, and more importantly before clicking the "Send" button. We reserve the right to ignore and discontinue any correspondence we consider personally threatening, abusive or otherwise intended to invoke negative responses to the person receiving them. Legitimate and constructive criticism, however, is strongly welcomed - providing you can deliver this to us in an appropriate and sensible manner. Abusing members of staff is absolutely not tolerated, and will result in an instant account termination.
Failure to Comply
Failure to fully comply with these terms is grounds for account suspension and/or deactivation (with or without refund, subject to VIKHOST's discretion). Any accounts and/or servers contained within VIKHOST's network must adhere to the above policies. We reserve the right to remove any account without prior notice. If we deactivate your account for violating policy, you will forfeit your rights to a refund--and none will be given. No refunds for advanced payment. Our normal policy is a warning first, and account deactivation the second offense, but no warning is required. VIKHOST reserves the right to deactivate, suspend and remove any site hosted on our servers that contains any content that it deems in its sole discretion to be unacceptable, undesirable or contraindicated.
Changes to the Acceptable Usage Policy
VIKHOST reserves the right to revise its policies at any time without notice. Revised on: 30th October 2017.